Sponsored by Tourism Tropical North Queensland.
If you love chasing the summer and have a passion for filmmaking, we’ve got an exciting competition to share. The guys at Tourism Tropical North Queensland are on the hunt for 10 travellers to create their own documentary showcasing the incredible regions of Tropical North Queensland. The competition is not just open to Australians, but to the entire world!
As well as an epic trip to Tropical North Queensland to shoot and produce a film from the perspective of a visitor to the region, 10 storytellers will each have the chance to win a $20K grand prize. As one of the 10 finalists, if your film is voted the best you’ll get to a $20K prize pack of your choice – choose from:
- $20K Ted’s Camera Nikon Package
- $20K Griffith University Scholarship at Australia’s largest film school
- $20K filmmakers kit
- $20K Qantas flights
Each of the 10 films will also be edited into a clip and used to promote Tropical North Queensland.
PART ONE: HOW TO ENTER
CHOOSE AN EXPERIENCE:
Choose one of five experiences that make Tropical North Queensland famous:
- The Great Barrier Reef
- Indigenous culture
- Off road exploring
- The rainforest, nature and wildlife
- Outdoor adventure
CREATE A VIDEO:
Create a one-minute entry video demonstrating your passion for one of the five key experiences:
- Tell us who you are
- Show us any previous footage you’ve captured that demonstrates your passion for one of the five experiences
- Tell us why you want to live out your passion in Tropical North Queensland
WRITE A DESCRIPTION:
You’ll also need to include a written submission explaining your entry clip:
- Tell us who will feature in your film
- Explain your creative approach for your final video
- Include YouTube or Vimeo links to some of your past travel videos. You’ll upload this information on ExploreTNQ.com.au/entry
SHARE YOUR VIDEO:
Once you’ve created your entry clip, share it on social media – the person with the most likes and shares on ExploreTNQ.com.au will be automatically shortlisted.
Entries close 11:59PM AEST Sunday 21 December 2014.
PART TWO: FILMING IN TROPICAL NORTH QUEENSLAND
- If you’re selected as one of the final 10, Tourism and Events Queensland will organise your return economy flights, accommodation, transfers, selected tours and $AU40 each day per person for expenses. You might also need people to help out – it really depends on your story and how much you want to win! And the cool thing is their costs will also be covered (up to a max of three people)!
- You’ll need to be available to travel between 13 February and 5 March 2015. And, of course, if someone else is going to be part of your film, they’ll need to be available to travel at this time too.
- After you’ve finished filming you’ll fly home to edit your film and then submit it.
PART THREE: THE JUDGING PROCESS
- The 10 films go live on ExploreTNQ.com.au
- Best shots from the final 10 chosen for a global marketing campaign
- Judges decide on winner
- Grand prize awarded
For the brief and full details on how to enter, visit ExploreTNQ.com.au
Hurry, entries close 11:59PM AEST Sunday 21 December 2014.
GET INSPIRED AND GOOD LUCK! 🙂
The Great Barrier Reef:
Off road exploring:
The rainforest, nature and wildlife: