Sponsored by People’s Choice Credit Union.
I don’t have many regrets in life, but one thing I wish I had done sooner was travel. While I had visited Indonesia twice, first as a child and then after finishing high school, it wasn’t until I was around 26 that I really started to explore the world. My reasons for not travelling in my early twenties were purely financial. I wanted to travel, I just didn’t have the means.
I’ve never had a financial safety net, so as much as I would have loved to have taken a gap year to backpack around the globe, finishing my university degree and securing a job was the most important thing for me. So I finished my studies, started working as a junior copywriter at an advertising agency and saved the little leftover money I had at the end of every month. After two years (starting salaries for junior copywriters are low!), I had saved enough to book a 10-day holiday to Thailand.
While the trip was short, it sparked my passion for travel and changed the direction of my life forever. That’s the thing about travel, it’s something you’ll never regret. The experiences, the adventures and the friends you make along the way will become part of your life’s narrative and will shape how you see the world.
I’m not one for living beyond my means, but sometimes opportunities come up to travel when you haven’t got quite enough funds saved up. Whether it’s your best friend’s destination wedding, a family reunion, a trip in between jobs, or your perfect line-up at Coachella just got announced; sometimes you need a little help getting there.
People’s Choice Credit Union caters to travel lovers like us with personal loans that can help get you on those trips you just can’t miss. They have a range of personal loans with competitive and low rates. Start doing your homework and jump on their personal loans repayment calculator to check how much you can comfortably borrow. And you can take a look at their personal loans here.
To help get your holiday fund started, People’s Choice Credit Union are generously giving away a $200 VISA gift card to This Island Life readers. Entering is super easy – all you need to do is take a photo of one of your favourite travel experiences and post it to Instagram with the hashtag #ThisIslandLife and tag @PeoplesChoiceCU and @ThisIslandLife. This amazing competition closes 31st August 2017, so get gramming!
See Terms and Conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a game of skill. Each valid entry to be judged on the creativity and originality of their post image and caption, not by chance.
- There is one prize = $200 Prepaid Visa Gift Card.
- Competition closes at midnight 31st August 2017 AEST.
- Prizes are not transferable or changeable.
- Prize sent out by third parties will not be replaced in the event they are stolen, lost or damaged in transit or virtually.
- Entry into any giveaway or competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants must be Australian residents and aged 18 or over.
- The winner will be notified via Instagram and has three days to reply and claim the prize.
- This giveaway is not endorsed by Instagram.
- This Island Life is the promoter of the competition.