Sponsored by WiWander.
As if coming back from vacay isn’t hard enough, imagine coming to terms with a massive mobile data bill while trying to settle back into a life where buffet breakfasts, epic adventures and sunset cocktails are no longer your daily reality.
While there are a bunch of ways around this like getting a local SIM, riding off the hotel Wi-Fi, or finding a mobile plan with reasonable international data rates, they all involve some form of hassle. No one wants to be running around trying to buy a local SIM, restricted by a data allowance, Instagramming on a sketchy connection or having the risk of going over your data allowance hanging over your holiday. I had a friend a few years back who got lost while shopping in Europe, checked Google Maps for a minute and came back to a AUD$800 data bill. It’s scary how quickly and easily it can happen.
That’s what I love about this new alternative by WiWander. It’s a pocket Wi-Fi router for Aussies travelling overseas that you rent, that makes it impossible to go over your data allowance because it’s unlimited. Instead of paying for your data, you pay a day rate and you can use as much data as you like. If you’re heading to Singapore or Taiwan it will set you back $5 a day, Thailand or Malaysia $12 a day, or $20 a day for the more pricier European countries.
My favourite WiWander features include:
- Unlimited Wi-Fi data wherever you wander
- Ability to connect multiple devices at one time
- Acts as your own private portable Wi-Fi network
How to book WiWander:
- Book and pay online via wiwander.com at least five days before departure.
- Your pocket Wi-Fi router is delivered to your address at least one day prior to your departure.
- Enjoy unlimited Wi-Fi every day throughout your entire overseas trip.
- A courier collects the router from your address one day after you get home.
To find out more, visit wiwander.com